Matatabi Chew Sticks
An alternative to catnip that combines play and dental health!
Packed into our Matatabi Sticks are the essential oils that drive cats wild. Gently rub off some bark of the stick to release the scents from the natural oils- then give to your cat to enjoy. They will play, roll, rub, and have a blast!
- All natural cat toy that encourages healthy chewing behaviors and acts like a toothbrush.
- Promotes play to relieve anxiety and boredom in house cats.
- Each resealable bag is stuffed with 7-9 Matatabi sticks that are each ~5 inches long.
- A cat treat that can be re-used many times... or until they all disappear under the couch!
Our Matatabi sticks are perfect as a special treat for your own pet or to give as a unique gift for any cat lover!
- What is Matatabi? -
Matatabi is a popular catnip alternative in Asia!
Many cats react to Matatabi (the vine of the Silvervine plant) even if they show little interest to catnip - a 2017 study found that 80 percent of cats enjoyed Silvervine while 1 out of 3 did not respond to catnip.
Although lesser known in the United States, Matatabi is more popular in Japan and China than catnip! The plant is native to the mountains of Eastern Asia and grows like an ivy on trees and rocks. It is officially named Actinidia Polygama, but is commonly called Silver Vine for the distinctive color of its leaves.
Our Meowy Wowie Matatabi sticks are natural unprocessed segments of the plants vine. They are safe for cats to tear apart during play. We select and trim each Matatabi stick to be the perfect size and length for cats to play with.
* Not all cats react to the essential oils of plants in the same way. Which they prefer is based on genetics, their mood, the day, and how they like to play. Our Variety Box makes it easy to try all the options available.*